Through detailed and future-thinking smart city strategy sessions, smart city workshops, smart city speaking engagements and smart city IoT integrations, I can assist in the digital development and future proofing of cities all around the world.
What is a smart city?
A smart city is the term given to the enhancement of a city’s living standards by accelerating the digital development of a city’s infrastructure and its residents through the integration IoT and Innovation in society. Some of the greatest and innovative cities in the world have created innovation strategies that will future proof their cities. Some of these smart cities include Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen and Vienna.
There are two factors that go into making a Smart City:
How can Brize assist in making a city smart?
1. Digital Infrastructure
Brize has vast knowledge in how the foundation of a growing smart city is created and how its development in smart infrastructure and ICT is managed.
My team and I understand that a smart city has to be a place where people would like to work and live. In order to do this the city has to build the right infrastructure to meet the needs of the future. I know that a smart city has to adapt to the needs of the people and provide establishments where people can get around easily, have access to technology and live in harmony with the environment. Brize has expertise in a number of key areas that assist in developing a digital infrastructure. These are:
- Smart Mobility: Traffic management. Air mapping. Mobility as a Service (MaaS). Sharing economy. Geographic Information System (GIS). Goods transportation. Automated driving.
- Smart Services: 5G telecommunications. Digital schooling. LoRa network. Open data.
- Safety & Security: Cyber security. City surveillance. Crowd control.
- Circular Economy: Waste management. Water management. Energy production, Zero carbon buildings. Climate change management.
2. Smart Residents
As well as implementing smart infrastructure in a city, I regard its residents as the driving force in a sustainable smart city. It’s one thing to have all the necessary smart infrastructure, but without the people in the city, there would not be a city. It is important to provide the opportunity for all members of society to stay up to date with the emerging technologies within their city.
My team and my own digital proficiency understands the transition of a city’s residents into ‘smart residents’. That is, a society in which its people understands technology and how it changes and develops. Brize concentrates on a number of areas that empowers the people of a smart city.
- Resident engagement in society: Local council meetings participation. Sports clubs. Community societies. Neighborhood security. Illegal dumping. Women in society.
- Social Innovation: IoT solutions for local updates. Open data to create crime hotspots. Innovation centres. Community gardens.
- Urban entrepreneurship: Tourism promotion. SME promotion by educating individuals about IT. Female entrepreneurship.
- Digital Education: Digital vs. hardcopy. Programming courses for young people.
Are you interested in implementing these smart city features in your own city? My team and I can provide you with new knowledge about current smart city innovations, how it will benefit your city, how to deal with drawbacks and how to apply changes to your city to grow it into a leading smart city of the world.